Running wires for electronics

Feb 17, 2012
Hunter 30T Shorewood Yacht Club
I’m trying to replace the old electronics on my Hunter30T 1991. It came with only depth and speed. I have added wind point and wind speed along with new depth, boat speed & water temp all wired to a new B&G display. I have taken the mast off and run new cabled down it for the wind and also TV antenna and have those in the cabin.
where I’m really stuck is getting the display wire from the port side cabin entry to the electrical panel where the final NEMA 2000 backbone ends.
any guidance is very much appreciated!!

Oct 28, 2018
Hunter 31 Duncan Bay
On my H31 I ran my wind cable through a conduit on the Starboard side. Not an easy fit. I opened my compression post to inspect it, so I could go down through it. I am not familiar, with your boat, so these may or not be helpful.
In the cockpit, I put new feet on the pedestal guard so I could run the wires up to the new instruments.

Feb 17, 2012
Hunter 30T Shorewood Yacht Club
Thanks for your comments.
wondering how you open up the compression post? I had my mast off and wanted to look inside also. I’m unfamiliar with this.

Oct 28, 2018
Hunter 31 Duncan Bay
Thanks for your comments.
wondering how you open up the compression post? I had my mast off and wanted to look inside also. I’m unfamiliar with this.
There are some good pictures on the Hunter owners site. One side is screwed on under teak plugs. Pop them out and unscrew. I used a hydraulic ram from Harbour freight, to take the tension off, then it lifts out. I read they often rot, but mine was solid. With the side off, wires can be run in the channel with the others.