Rumba Escape help

Apr 19, 2021
Rumba Escape Charleston
Long story short; my mothers ex boyfriend was a hoarder, and now there is a rumba escape on my property that is now mine, It sat on my lawn for years and I decided to clean it up, any and all wood is rotten and gone, the mast seems like its missing a small piece at the very top, and there is no sail or rigging anywhere to be seen, but you know the boat itself like the hull, and it's metal pieces are fine. So I'm looking for a sail, rigging, a rudder, and centerboard. Issue is I'm pretty sure rumba went out of business. Is it even possible to fix this thing, or even worth it?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I think Hobie now owns the line. I use to own one and posted pics just in case it helps with rigging.

3s33qd3Hf5I35rf5t4d6ma9da0deb2d641f6c.jpg
2509 steve cha-cah.jpg
picescapechacha101b.jpg

picescapechacha101c.jpg
picescapechacha101d.jpg
picescapechachaaa.jpg
SDC10842.JPG

Apr 19, 2021
Rumba Escape Charleston
I should've been more specific it's actually a different model, still called rumba escape. but here's a stock photo of what it looks like
rumba.jpg

Apr 19, 2021
Rumba Escape Charleston
Thanks for that I really appreciate it, but it looks like its unavailable

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Sorry.... I was unable to find the Escape brand. You might have to create your own rig. We have people here who can help with that.

Aug 23, 2021
Escape Rumba Garage Roof
Long story short; my mothers ex boyfriend was a hoarder, and now there is a rumba escape on my property that is now mine, It sat on my lawn for years and I decided to clean it up, any and all wood is rotten and gone, the mast seems like its missing a small piece at the very top, and there is no sail or rigging anywhere to be seen, but you know the boat itself like the hull, and it's metal pieces are fine. So I'm looking for a sail, rigging, a rudder, and centerboard. Issue is I'm pretty sure rumba went out of business. Is it even possible to fix this thing, or even worth it?
I was able to buy a replacement sail from 'Mountain Road Trading Post' a couple of years ago. They have a page on Facebook, you might want to contact them to see if they have any other parts left.

• Helpful
Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA