Rudder rigging

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Terry

I have an older (83) MacGregor 22'. I recently overhauled the rudder and tiller. I took off all the hardware to gelcoat the entire blade of the rudder. When I started to reassemble the rudder I discovered that I should have taken pictures and not relied on my memory. The lines for the rudder went from a cleat to a pulley and allowed me to raise the rudder in shallow water and held it down in deeper water. The placement of lines on the rudder don't feel right and don't work as well as the old lines. Does anyone have a picture of the proper rigging of a rudder ....or could anyone tell me how rig the rudder? I checked my owners manual but it was no help. I guess "oldtimers" is taking its toll of my memory..... Thanks for your help

C

Carl

Did you figure it out???

If you have not figured it out yet, let me know and I'll take a photo of my rudder config' and email it to you. carl@unforgettable.com

C

Carl

Trying to email you the pics!!

I tried to respond to the email that you sent me but it keeps getting returned! I finally found the web site again, si I hope this works. Let me know if the photo helps, and if you need any more. Regards, Carl

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.