Rub Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bugsboat

My 1990 Catalina 22 has the beige colored rub rail and needs to be replaced. I have never done a project like this and wondered if anyone has any suggestions that might make the job easier. The frame for the rub rail is okay, but could use to be replaced in a couple of places. Any ideas???

RatMan

Jan 6, 2007
- - My yard for now, Bath once redone
Mine came right off, rubber insert just press fitted into the frame. The frame itself is held on with stainless philips #2 head screws. Took me a couple hours to strip all mine off. Want to have fun, strip that stuff off a Bristol 29 in the water. LOL Took me damn near all day. Catalina direct should have the rubber railing and the framing you need. http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=523 For the rubber.

E

Ex C30 Owner

Clean it

I cleaned my beige rub-rail with MEK. Came out looking like new. Got t eh MEK at home depot. Might wanna give it a try. Also, if it doesn't work, call the factory for parts and compare proces to catalina direct and others. Good Luck

B

bugsboat

Damaged

The rub rail is damaged and will have to be replaced. It is appears to have rubbed against the dock at some point. Thanks for the MEK idea, that stuff is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.