Rub rail advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

leibjo

Feb 19, 2013
Bristol 24 Fairhaven MA
I have a 1974 Bristol 24, the rub rail at the bow has worn, split, disintegrated, looks awful and needs to be replaced due to my mooring line rubbing against it. Does anyone know where I can get new original rub rail that matches what I have on the boat? Its a two piece system. Thank you in advance...This is my first post.

beast

Apr 5, 2013
Bristol 24 home
once my title is clear i'm just gonna remove the rubrail, reseal the whole joint, then glass the whole works together. no more rubrail.
if i do need something there i'll use rubber from old tires, trim it into nice looking strips and anchor it with screws

Apr 6, 2013
Bristol B24 Friendship, Me
Hi Leibjo,

I would try Mike Chasse at Northeast Sailboat Rescue in Freeport, me. His number is 207-729-2490. Really good guy who has a passion for saving old boats. He has a lot of parts, too, and is very reasonably priced. He has a website, too - I think it is www.northeastsailboatrescue.com

I bet Mike can help with the rub rail.

leibjo

Feb 19, 2013
Bristol 24 Fairhaven MA
Thank You

Hi Leibjo,

I would try Mike Chasse at Northeast Sailboat Rescue in Freeport, me. His number is 207-729-2490. Really good guy who has a passion for saving old boats. He has a lot of parts, too, and is very reasonably priced. He has a website, too - I think it is www.northeastsailboatrescue.com

I bet Mike can help with the rub rail.
I've heard of them but never thought of them for new parts. Thanks for the thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.