roller furling attachment to foredeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john brantner

does the roller furling attach directly to the foredeck, or is there a turnbuckle involved? help!

B

Bob Cassel

Assuming you have a CDI FF2...

there is a turnbuckle incorporated into the drum assembly. The base of the drum has a U shaped bracket that goes over the forestay tang (otherwise known as the stem post)

J

john brantner

26X roller furling

i forgot to mention that the boat is a macgregor 26X. yes, mine is a cdi ff2. my email is brantne1@pacbell.net Thanks for your help, lets stay in touch. how do you like your boat? john

V

vaughn

Furler Sequence

FYI- This is the sequence I figured for rigging (and I would be interested to hear other options): Attach the furler to the top of the mast. Raise the mast (and expect the furled jib to flop around), attach the jib halyard to the bow (I use the mast holder pin in the bow) - now the mast is held, attach the furler to one of the holes in the plate in the bow. If you plan to fly a spinnaker that day, attach the furler to the aft hole (and the spinnaker to the forward hole). I use plenty of ball bungees to keep the furled jib snaug to the mast while trailering.

J

Jack Sittler]

Roller furling attachment

I have a 26s model I just bought last November and it came with a Harken small boat roller furling (cannot reef the sail though). It used the original forstay but added an additional one (longer ) to allow attaching a genoa or storm sail to the bow. This maybe too small of a furling but judging the size of the jib it doesn't need anything heavier. It does have a 150% genoa that I fly add since the forestay is ahead of the furling jib it hanks on just like a standard jib would. An additional pair of chain plates were added to the original mounting to accommodate the additional sail. This setup requires curling the detached furler around the bow rails but it works without damaging the furler. It looks like rerigging this for this style furler costs more than the original furler. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.