Roller Furler and sail for a 37c

Jun 18, 2006
hunter Cherubini Hunter 37 cutter Cocoa Beach
So I am shopping for a roller Furler and will be getting a new head sail as well. Curious about other people's experience with different furling systems and head Sail sizes. I am thinking about a 110 with the foot cut right at the Bell pulpit and lifelines instead of a Yankee cut. Thoughts? I will be doing some cruising in the Caribbean. I will be keeping the stay sale for heavy weather. My thought is that getting the sale on the other side would be a lot easier if I could roll it up and redeploy. Thank you! Merry Christmas, Terry

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
I make a habit of partially furling the jib when tacking. Replacing the UV protection on my jib cost $960 and dragging it over the inner forestay is not conducive to longevity.

We have stuck to the original cutter rig which works well for San Francisco Bay conditions.

Jun 18, 2006
hunter Cherubini Hunter 37 cutter Cocoa Beach
I love the look of the two bits of canvas together. Do you usually deploy both of them? Down here in Florida we have a lot of calmer days and having a good bit more sale area would be nice. I'm with you on dragging the sail over the inner! I see $100 bills getting shredded when I see that haha