Rigid vangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steven f

I have been reading a few things about rigid boom vangs, has anyone used one on the H33? Are they all the makers say or am I better to keep my regular vang. I like the idea of using the rigid vang to replace the topping lift line, dealing with my topping lift can be a pain.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Solid Vang

Steven; that's what I have on my V32 and from my experience, I wouldn't be without it. RD

D

Dakota Jim Russell

Topping Lift May be Handy

Have jacklines on my 340 and hence do not need a topping lift. Added one, however, as a second way to get to the top should the main halyard get pulled through . . . . Just a thought . . .

J

Jeff Miller

I have a 1977 H33 with an easykick rigid vang and it works wonderful. I have never had a problem not having a topping lift. The vang works very well combined with a mid boom mainsheet.

G

Gary

Extra head room

Steve, I have a "Z" diffusion solid vang on my 29.5, I really like it, no worry about dropping the main and laying it in the cockpit. Does an excellent job of pulling boom down when running. BUT, I am 6'1" and by leaving my topping lift in place I can pull the boom up 3-6" to creat more head room when not sailing. The 29.5 has a real short traveler and moving the boom to on side is not real effect, plus if you want to drape a tarp over the boom and bungee cord it in place to shade sun or bloke rain the boom works best centered. Makes using the companion way easier too.... Gary

D

Doug B

good idea

We have a 33.5 and use a rigid vang by spinlock called a vx. It is and internal 5:1 (can add a 2:1 external real easy) and has a sliding collar for and adjustable topping lift. And it looks like it was made for the Zspar boom and mast. It's a dream and looks great. West marine sells for around $900.00 with all the fittings. Good luck.

J

Joan

Rigid Vang-Gary 0r 29.5 owner

Does your Z diffusion vang have the small diameter attached to the boom or visa-versa;is there a v-cleat on bang itself: do you have it led back to cockpit? Better yet just describe how it is rigged? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.