Rigging for mast

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Debbie

While making repairs my son pulled the main sail rope out of the mast, I have no idea how to get it back into the mast.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Stuff him down the mast!

Debbie: You probably already though about doing that. But really, you just need to get something like a bicycle chain (preferably a clean one). Tie a light weight line to it that is as long as the mast. Tilt the mast as much as possible and feed the chain and line down the mast. Then just hook the line to your halyard and pull it back through. You can also use an electricians fish tape.

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

while you're there leave a messanger in place!

Bummer. Its never a whole lot of fun to try and fish things throught he mast. Good luck with it. When you pull the new halyard through, pull and spare light line through with it. That way when this happens again, and it will someday, you need only attach the next new halyard to the messanger (along with another spare) and pull it through. Justin - O'day Owner's Web

R

Ron Mehringer

Dog collar

A trick taught to me by my brother, who is a telephone installer, is to use a slinky metal dog collar when snaking. Tie the collar to a rope and as you lower it into whatever area you are snaking, the collar will find its way down better than most other options. Hope that helps. Ron M s/v Hydro-Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.