rigging and winches and block, OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Lojek

I'm a new Venture 21 owner this summer. I've written before with no response. Because I'm not aware of all of the ways that things can be done. (I've also found out that everyone does it differently!) Does anyone out there have any idea what was original equipment on the V21, 1971 or even close. My boat has been changed to the point where even real sailors don't get it. I would love a diagram or hand drawing of what should be on the boat for use of all the sails , etc. I even talked to the people at Mac and they say they haven't anything on hand.? Sounds strange. Help! I'm a bit of a tinkerer and love to get things right. Making me nuts. Thanks in advance for any help.

J

Jim

Did the manual help?

You can see a copy of the manual for a Mac 21 at www.macgregor-boats.com/macman/21_23_25/page1.html That may provide you with some help. While I have a 23, the rigging must be similar enough that they shared one manual.

R

ron

maybe some help

I have a Venture 21", 1976 model. I might be able to help. be specific. My boat was purchased last year with jib, genoa, and main. 25' main and wooden rudder. crank down keel and cabin. I do need a lid to the cabin since mine is starting to crack. I also need information about the showd to hold the main sail down. Does yours have a back stay,

Status
Not open for further replies.