Rigging a 25' Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wade

Just purchased an '83 Mac. The rigging had all been disconnected and stowed inside. There were no diagrams and the owner was no help in untangling the mess. Some is straight forward, I have the standing rigging sorted out, how does the main sheet run? I must be missing something what I have dosen't make sense. What size is the main sheet and main halyard? The rope is all rotten and I'm not sure what goes where. thanks

J

James Devine

Been in the same boat

Altough my boats a mac/venture 17 I bought into a simular mess last year. The main sheet starts with a stopknot that runs thru a u shaped bracket on the port side of the transom. From there it runs up to the aft end of the boom thru a pulley there. Then back down to a pulley/cam cleat assembly on the starboard side. The mainsheet is payed from there. My main halyard is run aft and stored on the mast itself.

K

ken

main sheet

On my mac25 the main sheet starts on the starboard side with a stop knot at u backet. Then up to double pully on boom end, thru one pulley, then down to a single pully on port side, and back up to main, then to the pully clam cleat on starbord. The main sheet and all hallyards are 3/8 inch. ken

Status
Not open for further replies.