Reverse Throttle Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Beaujean

I have a 1983 catalina 27 (hull #5258) with a Universal 5411 diesel and wheel steering. The original congiguration came with the throttle and clutch located in the cockpit. Over one winter, I purchased a kit from Edson to move the throttle and clutch up to the pedestal. Now the problem is that my throttle control runs in reverse of the norm (moving the lever forward slows the engine while pulling the lever back revs it up i.e. fast is slow and slow is fast) I contacted Catalina, Edson, and Westerbeke about this. Noone could help except that Westerbeke sent me a drawing of a Medalist Universal Motors Throttle Reversing Kit ( number 256746). Now the only problem is that they say the kit is no longer in production or available. My question is has anybody heard of this and if so does a kit still exist? By the looks of it, it probably isn't too hard to make except that there are no dimensions for the throttle support brackets, just a parts list for every item on the kit. Also, where would this attach to the engine? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. If necessary, I would be willing fo mail or fax this drawing to whomever needs it. Regards, Mike Beaujean "Timeless Flight"

G

Gordon Torresen

Send help

Please fax a copy of the drawing -256746 - to 231-755-1522. We'll see what we can come up with and the drawing might save us from retracing your fooesteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.