retaining water

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john

ill be surprised if anyone else has had this problem.the "swing up"cockpit seat in my 2000 26x seems to have a little delamination underneath.so how is it that i have water INSIDE the seat.you can actually here it slosh around.is anyone else having this quality / workmanship problem?

D

Dale

Quality/Workmanship

Noy with the seat but with the rudders on my 98 model 26x. They both delaminated and filled with water even though they are not stored in the water (as in at a slip). I drilled holes in them and let them drain over the winter. I then sanded them to bare glass and found even more delamination and voids where resin had not completely saturated the fabric during initial construction. I sealed the holes, filled the flaws with resin and filler. Next I recoated the rudders with resin and gel coat. That has fixed my problem but I can't imagine doing this to the seat. I would probably try to replace the seat (at MacGregor's expense of course).

D

dan

Dale.....Rudders are hollow ?

Dale, The rudders on my 98' 26X seem to be hollow and fill up with water when in use ? They drain when pulled up. THIS IS COOL ? thx.......dan

Status
Not open for further replies.