Replacing ventilators on a H33, Version III

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Logan

In case anyone wants to replace the original static ventilators that came on the 1980 H33, I found that the Beckton (cheap, about $24 dollars) with a plastic cover is the same internally as the original. You can even use the stainless cover from the old ones instead of the supplied plastic cover. The screw holes are the same, so no new holes need to be drilled or filled, and they fit in the orginal openings. Took about 1 hour to remove and install all three. Must have had good service from the old ones, all of the balsa sandwhich was bone dry.

T

Terry arnold

Beckton?, Beckson V ent-O-Mate?

That's good news that the vent is a straightforward replacement. i still have one of the originals and the plastic innards are fragile after 20 years. West marine lists a Beckson Vent-O-Mate for a 4" cutout. Is this the vent you used?

J

Jim Logan

Terry Arnold, It is BECKSON vent-o-mate

SOrry for the brain fade. It is the Beckson ventomate on page 461 of the new West Marine Catalog. Lists for $21.99. The stainless cover for it is an additional $26.99, but if your old stainless covers are in good shape, they fit right on the new ventilators and you save the $26.99. Everything is a direct replacement, at least on my 1980 H33.

Status
Not open for further replies.