Replacing the Coolmatic Waeco Fridge (65L) on 2005 Hunter '33

4Winds

Jun 8, 2022
Hunter 33 Wilmington, NC
The fridge is failing ... I am about to unscrew everything and look into the cavity to ascertain max dimensions for a replacement since the OEM unit is of course discontinued. Before I do ... anyone have suggestions on the largest fridge/freezer I can squeeze in there? Sources of used/new items?
Dimension of current fridge are approx 21 7/16" D x 20 1/2"W x 21 12/16H but I think we can manage a bit larger with some cutting...
Thank you in advance!

Feb 26, 2009
Oday 30 Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA
I may be able to help you if you could give a description of what is failing or what it's not doing.
Basically you need the cubic feet of the box, on the other side of the pond they go by liters, I'll let you do the math
It seems after talking with others that are having problems there is a backlog on many manufacturers Refrigeration equipment so, it's not a matter of what brand you pick it's more about when can you can get it however, they all use about the same technology & parts mainly, the danfoss BD series compressors except for engle and norcold that used a compressor called a "swing compressor" my personal favorite.