Replacing shower drain hose on Beneteau 351

Jul 6, 2021
Beneteau 351 whitby
Hi Everyone
My first time posting

I just purchased a Beneteau 351 and in investigating a smelly head I noticed that the shower drain hose was broken right at the floor drain connection. There was no elbow and the hose was just bent and I assume eventually it broke.
I’m trying to figure out the best way to replace the hose. There is no access to and I can’t really pull it. Has anyone replaced this and how did you do it.
I’m thinking of taking the head out and making an access hose to see if I can get access to it.
Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Hi Everyone
My first time posting

I just purchased a Beneteau 351 and in investigating a smelly head I noticed that the shower drain hose was broken right at the floor drain connection. There was no elbow and the hose was just bent and I assume eventually it broke.
I’m trying to figure out the best way to replace the hose. There is no access to and I can’t really pull it. Has anyone replaced this and how did you do it.
I’m thinking of taking the head out and making an access hose to see if I can get access to it.
Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Remove the shower drain and you will have access to the hose. Also look at joining the facebook 351/352 site tons of info ,mods and all the files for everything in file section .I'm in Whitby too at the Yacht club. If the head is smelly change out the sanitation hose from the head to the Y valve and from Y valve to seacock. Then a bigger job to the rear tank ,it runs thru the closet in rear berth and under the bookshelf. It's a big job. Use trident 101 sanitation hose you can get it thru Glen at Whitby marine supplies.The hose is only good for about 10 years ,buy cheaper stuff and your looking at a few years before it stinks /permeates

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021
Beneteau 351 whitby
Hi Mechone

I did remove the drain and I can see the hose but that is where it is broken. There is a 90 deg bend with a kink and a big hole.
I can't pull or push the hose as it must be stuck somewhere. There was no way to replace it.

What I have done was to insert a 1/2 inch hose inside and feed it through until it came out the other end. Wasn't easy as it kept getting stuck but I managed to do it. Trying too get the correct fittings was another thing lol.
I forgot to get some sealant for the drain so I couldn't really test it properly.

Yup the big black hose will be next :)

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Its hard to remember but mine I believe had a 90 degree fitting off the drain and the hose pushed on straight ,so no kink and a little extra hose that you could pull some hose out still attached to the drain. Does it not run straight under and come up under sink to pump, mine does, pump and strainer mounted on wooden wall .Some later models had the pump under settee

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I replaced all my sanitation hoses with the Raritan Sani-Flex. Easy to work with and top rated.... A Head Mistresses Recommendation. Curious about the shower drain hose as well. I was assuming to remove the drain fitting and the hose would be atteched, however as I find with Beneteau, they probably zip tied it somewhere down there to make life just a bit more difficult.

Greg

Jul 6, 2021
Beneteau 351 whitby
lol
I can't believe that someone would design it in such a way that it can't be replaced without making holes!
No 90 degree fitting or any slack. Hopefully once I get the sealant it should be all good.

Thanks