Replacement windows for Laguna 26.

May 13, 2020
Laguna 26 Nuevo Vallarta
I own a 1980 Laguna 26 and would like to replace the windows/lights and internal frames. I can’t seen the manufacturer name on the existing windows/lights. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is/was and if they are still available. Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Pictures help. If they are a common brand, someone here will be able to tell you what it is.

May 13, 2020
Laguna 26 Nuevo Vallarta
Pictures help. If they are a common brand, someone here will be able to tell you what it is.
Thanks for the comment. I attached a photo to the original post which gives an overall prospective of the windows.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Really hard to see much in the photo. Most of the windows look like fixed ports, that don’t open.

Greg

May 13, 2020
Laguna 26 Nuevo Vallarta
Greg you are correct the four rear lights are fixed. Unfortunately because of the virus and Mexican shut down I can’t get down to the boat. I have contacted Mark Plastics and he has given me an estimate but I need to send better and more detailed photos. Thanks for you reply and comment.

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
Greg you are correct the four rear lights are fixed. Unfortunately because of the virus and Mexican shut down I can’t get down to the boat. I have contacted Mark Plastics and he has given me an estimate but I need to send better and more detailed photos. Thanks for you reply and comment.
I have mine out of my 86.
Fwd window 12.75x7"
Mid 25.5x10"
Aft 32.25x10" top horizontal is about 17.5"
These are inside frame (opening)measurements.
No manufacturer markings. Appear to be vynil frames with acrylic windows. My fwd and mid both slide.

Aug 10, 2020
Message me and I will e-mail you pics of then if needed

Aug 10, 2020
I own a 1980 Laguna 26 and would like to replace the windows/lights and internal frames. I can’t seen the manufacturer name on the existing windows/lights. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is/was and if they are still available. Thanks for any assistance.
I am changing mine to flush mount acrylic. My old ones are available or message me and I will show you what I am doing.

Jun 15, 2020
Laguna 26 Laguna 26 Lake Washington
I pulled off one of the windows on my Laguna 26 hoping I could simply replace the old crazed acrylic with new tinted acrylic. Turns out the frame and acrylic are one integral unit; I think the frame is thermoformed around the acrylic. Removing the old acrylic glass will require cutting apart the frame and I’m not confident I could repair the frame to a leak-free condition. I guess the only options are new replacement window/frame assemblies, or larger exterior flush mount windows as described above. If anyone knows of a vendor in the Seattle area, please let me know. Thanks.

P.S. Someone suggested polishing the acrylic to remove the crazing; don’t think that’ll work, but will try it anyway.

Attachments

Last edited: