Replacement Rigging Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2005
Catalina 30 Punta Gorda, Florida
I am about to replace halyards and sheets etc. I am interested in advise as to where to purchase the lines at the best price. Thanks.

R

Ron

Rigging Only

I have had good luck with Rigging Only in Fairhaven, Ma very professional and knowledgeable and they ship everywhere. The offered the best prices I've seen on all rigging. www.riggingonly.com

D

Dan

The factory

Check with the factory. If you haven't made any changes they should have what you need off the shelf and at a real good price as well. Catalina buys a lot of rope. When I needed a keel cable and turning ball, no one could come close to the price. It's worth a call. 818-884-7700 Dan

Sep 24, 2005
The Factory

Checked with the factory at the number you provided and they don't have ropes. Thanks. jr

Mar 31, 2004
Catalina 380 T Holland
Although Catalina Yachts MAY sell halyards:

DO NOT BUY THEM THERE! The stock halyard on the Catalina 30 (and the 320, and most likely all Catalinas) is Yale UULS. It has very good and strength and stretch characteristics. However, the cover is so loosely woven that you will get hernias where the core poikes through the cover with great frequency. I don't know anything about the Sampson ULS line that is sold on this site, but it's probably fairly good dacron line. You will need 3/8" for both halyards (not 7/16 as recommended here). I no longer have my C-30 manual (since I sold the boat), but the recommended lengths and diameters of the halyards, sheets, reef ines, etc are all specified in your manual. As I recall, the main halyard is aboout 105" of 3/8" and the genoa / spinnaker halyards are 110' of 3/8" low stretch double braid dacron line. Typically, the genoa and the spinnaker sheets are two times the length of the boat, which would make them 60' each. Steve Alchemist C-30T #4764 Alchemist C-320 #909

Sep 24, 2005
Good Information

Thanks for the information, Catalina doesn't sell ropes. I am going to try the this web sight and the Sampson types. Thanks. John

S

Stephen K.

another suggestion

I just received new halyards and jib sheets from Layline. Totally satisfied, check them out. They have all the brands and a real person helped me with the selection for my application...very knowledgable staff and great prices! You will need to know your size and length requirements and they will help with the rest. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.