Replacement parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2009
2 38 CC Buenos Aires
Good morning,

I am trying to replace the steering cable of a Irwin 38 CC, and would like to know if anyone can tell where to find a reference number to replace this part, or has a part number as it is the original cable and the number may have worn off or alternatively have the length and size of the cable from the bottom of the chain to the rudder post, since to hand as they have just replaced this part themselves.

Hugely appreciated from a very recent owner who is still finding her feet as to where to find things... I am currently located in Florida USA, temporarily..

Kind regards

Jun 13, 2005
Irwin Barefoot 37 CC Sloop Port Orchard WA
I doubt very much if you can find a part number for that cable. I would suggest just removing the old cable, cutting it if necessary to remove it, and buying a new cable a little longer to replace it with. Flex cable similar to halyard cable will do fine. It can be made up bu any rigging shop with nicropress fittings and if one end must remain unmade to thread it into place you can nicropress the other end in place. A number of sailors would let you borrow nicropress tools or do it for you. It's not too difficult.

Good Luck

Joe S

Status
Not open for further replies.