Replacement Fresh Water Pump

Mar 22, 2009
Catalina 310 Gulfport Small Craft Harbor, MS
Any suggestions on replacing the fresh water pump under the sink? Mine leaks pretty hard.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim King
Polaris - 2002 #178

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
I have replaced this pump on mine, not due to leakage but because it just stopped running. It was a pretty straight-forward replacement, and I think I just purchased the same model. I had to do it twice because I forgot to put the vibration cushion pieces in place the first time, so had to take it back out and re-install. My advice is to have some length of new hose available. In taking mine off one of the hoses (probably original) split, so I had to replace it. Required an extra trip to West Marine and more time.

• Helpful
Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
Don't go down a size on the pump in volume thinking you will save some fresh water while on a longer cruise or washing dishes. I'm not happy with result after taking that path. My holding tank always fills up long before I get anywhere near low on fresh water even when have guests or take lots of showers back aft and rinse off after swimming in the bay. I will make due with the lower volume pump till it craps out, but will go back up to the original specs next time it goes south. They can be rebuilt, but parts nearly approach price of new pump if you want to pay yourself a few pennies for labor.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2015
Catalina 34 Mk II Toronto
I've replaced many fresh water pumps on many Catalinas. Pretty straight forward. I would recommend finding a pump without an intergrated filter - I would recommend putting in an in-line filter (easier to clean). I still have the original water pump on my 2000 Catalina 34 Mk II and cleaning the filter is a pain since its integrated into the pump itself. If/when I replace it I will add an in-line filter (like the one pictured below)

Attachments

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
I just recently replaced my fresh water pump and it made a big difference. I used the updated version of the pump that was there which was quite old. Specifically, I used a Shurflo Aqua King II 3.0 GPM pump. The model number is 4138-111-E65 (or -A65). Easy fit and works great. When replacing pumps on board I typically try to replace with like items so that installation is easy.
bob