Repaired Dodger and Bimini

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Just finished installing the repaired dodger and bimini on Belle-Vie today. A bit of a chore, but it helped by wetting the Sunbrella fabric some to relax the dry stiff threads, which allowed for some stretch. Leta's TopShop made the dodger, bimini and main sail cover about ten years ago, but over time the sun caused the plastic windows to become brittle and crack.

The TopShop did a nice job replacing the 12 windows with 40 mil plastic sheeting. They also replaced the ten or so nylon straps and plastic buckles that secure the back part of the bimini to the SS arch. Before installing I brought the package home and scrubbed it with a mild Dawn/Bleach solution recommended by Sunbrella.

Hopefully, the repair should be good for another ten or so years. Since we cruise year around, I leave the canvas on so that Belle-Vie is ready to go at a moments notice. I've got fours days off for Thanksgiving this coming week with plans to visit the Islands. Maybe Hadley will join up?

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrates on success with the canvas work. For sure Hadley’s skipper is anxious to slip the lines.

As I itch to release the bonds that tie Hadley to the slip, I am reminded of the message Orson Wells intoned … “sell no wine before it’s time”
1700410138099.jpeg

The time is not yet for Miss Hadley.
With each project that moment is inching closer.