Renault vs Yanmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack Laird

Does anyone have an idea why hunter has two engines in the 1979 '27? I have a Renault and parts are always a problem and expensive. $40.00 for an impeller from Renault Marine in Texas is a little much. Any good ideas on another source? Thanks

J

Jim Rice

Parts registry

One thing I've been trying to get off my can and start is a list of part numbers for Renault parts that could be sourced from other than our friend in TX. Impellers, injectors, etc. Any thoughts (or part numbers)? PS--Why several engines in one model boat? As far as I can tell, it was a case of price and availability--ie, whoever had it cheapest and now got to sell them to Hunter.

D

Dan Bryant

Nanni Diesel

I've also run into the problem with getting Renault parts. Renault Marine was spun off as Nanni Diesel in the mid-80s, and you can check out their website. They supposedly sell replacement parts through their distributors, but keep in mind that their main market is diesel fishing boat engines (i.e. not the R8). I had a tough time getting a response through the headquarters of Nanni in France and ended up welding together my own injection bend last month. The US distributor is Lauderdale Performance Diesels in Miami, FL at 305-251-9771. I've yet to try them out, but they could be a supplier of R8 parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.