Rejuvinate that old ice box

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Cook

Make your ice box keep longer (followup on last week's discussion about ice). Cruising World (April 2000) had an interesting do-it-your-self project write-up about how to fill the insulation voids around the ice box with expanding-foam. If you are going to keep the thing, it sounds like a practical project. I plan to try it after I get the more-important projects (like finding out why my mast spreader light doesn't work) finished. This project might make the long weekends go a litter cooler... Jim

B

Ben Allen - O'Day 26

Expanding Foam Caution

Jim, Sounds like a project that will greatly increase the enjoyment level of any weekend. But, be careful of expanding foam, if it is sprayed into a tightly confined area, it can exert a tremendous amount of pressure against any wall it comes up against. Some people in the past have been known to deflect hulls, and move wooden dividers/bulkheads with this method. With some trial and error practice, you might be able to come up with the right amount for the area you are working with. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Ben Allen Montgomery, AL "Wahoo" OD 26

Status
Not open for further replies.