refrig draining to bilge-clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2004
Catalina 310 Hilton Head
I am not talking about the inside of the refrigerator. When I defrost it, I use the pump to pump it out. That part is connected to a y-valve that alternates between the showers sump and the refrig.

What I think it might be is condesation that, in a home, goes into a heated pan to evaporate it, but can't do that in the boat and has to go somewhere.

Could it be that? How about the A/C?

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
refer condensate

On my 2003, the refer condenser is located in the starboard side lazerette all the way outboard and aft. There is a fresh air vent next to it as well. Have never seen any water accumulate there. I bet the water is coming from your A/C. Mine drains to the bilge as well, but this should also be a slow producer of water, and not cause excessive cycling of the bilge pump.

May 24, 2004
Catalina 310 Virginia Beach, VA
On my 2003, the refer condenser is located in the starboard side lazerette all the way outboard and aft. There is a fresh air vent next to it as well. Have never seen any water accumulate there. I bet the water is coming from your A/C. Mine drains to the bilge as well, but this should also be a slow producer of water, and not cause excessive cycling of the bilge pump.
Mine too, 2004 build Hull number 282

Status
Not open for further replies.