refridgeration

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jekamanzi

I have purchased a 1987 Irwin 44 CC . The old refridgeration system does not work and I wish to replace it. The reefer is 6 cu ft. in capacity. The old make was I believe a "Grunert" 12v air to air type. Can anyone tell me how well this make works. Or can recommend a suitable replacement, etc?

J

Joseph Shirley

Grunert is or was (I don't know which) a reputable company that

made several different size units for do it yourself conversions of Ice boxes. You may have one of these. My understanding was that Irwin installed a front opening refrigerator and one or more additional Ice Boxes. So I don't know if your Grunert is factory installed. You should be able to get repair parts for whatever is wrong with it and a refrigeration guy should be able to figure out what it needs. Or you might want to replace the entire unit with another Grunert or something else. There are a number of manufacturers who supply modular units. Good Luck

Joe S

J

Jekamanzi

fridge, stanchion pockets

This is a top load fridge and quite large at 6 cu ft. Ny research so far would indicate using a Dan Foss DR50 compressor unit. Anyway thanks for the input.

Do you know of any other Irwin 44 CC owners. I want to know if they have had dry rot in the stanchion pockets and how they have dealt with problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.