Rebuilding a 299

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
I have a 299 that I want to rebuild, my 1st question is what needs to go in what thru hull hole. I have nothing to go by but empty holes. Also,.,what belongs on top of the rudder post where it enters the cockpit. I have a piece of 3 inch pvc being held up with a bolt,,.that can,t be right.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
My dear Southern, What you have here

is a bare hull and you may now build the boat you want. the only thing that is fixed is the hull shape, the position of the main bulkhead and the companion bulkhead. Everything else is up for grabs.

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
More information

Southern, Google, and find a Siedelmann Group. Someone there will have a source for builders plans, or at the least will be able to give you more guidance. There are thousands of websites devoted to restoring boats. Larry

Sep 6, 2005
- - Grand Prairie, Tx. Joe Pool Lake
Well on my 299...

At the top of my rudder post is a fitting for an emergency tiller. (I have a wheel) As far as holes in the boat... The 2 aft holes to either side of the rudder are cockpit drains. moving forward in the enging compartment is the raw water intake for the engine.(just inside the bulkhead to the engine compartment) On the starboard side approx. under the winch is the exhaust for the engine. Just forward of that is the drain for the sink, which is also the drain for the bilges... On the port side is the raw water intake for the head and also possibly the discharge for the head... My boat also has holes on either side of the forward part of the keel for the depth and knotmeter gages.

Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
I'm in the same boat

I am also trying to restore a 29.9. Anything you find of intrest will you please share. gwilbanks54@yahoo.com

D

David Utzschneider

buying new thruhulls

open holes are a great opportunity to put in good quality thruhulls. i got these forespar products listed below for my 3/4" thru hulls (raw water intake, head intake, etc) and am really pleased with the quality and ease of installation; the thru hull and valve come together all as one unit and on ebay they're not expensive We are offering a new Forespar ball valve. High-strength, lightweight glass-reinforced Marelon. After 11,000 duty cycles, they still hold 80 psi of air leak-free. Fittings are 3/4" NPS. Completely corrosion-free. Has a top outlet. Includes thru hull. Please call us with any questions on this item at 1-414-431-6601 # VF1020805GL4 PLEASE VISIT OUR GREATLAKESSKIPPER EBAY STORE!! Call Us For More Information At 414-431-6601 -- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, US Central Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.