Raymarine E80 Classic software update

Apr 14, 2010
Jeanneau 42DS Larnaca Marina
My E80 uses the old CF card (Compact Flash) which is hard to find a card reader outside the unit. How do I go about downloading and updating the E80 operating software? Can a PC or Macbook be connected to the ports? Raymarine website was of no help! The keep referring me to the FAQs which go in circle and don't address my issue.
Any help will be appreciated.
CaptainLee

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
You need a CF adapter. CF cards are actually common in higher end video equipment, and a camera supplier would be a good place to look.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Just did software update. Bought from Amazon:

Sandisk 1GB CompactFlash Card (SDCFB1024800)

Compact Flash CF Card Reader, WEme Aluminum USB 3.0 Micro SD Card Converter with OTG Adapter for Extreme Pro Professional Sandisk/ Lexar SDHC Memory Card and Samsung Galaxy, Mac Mini, Windows, Linux

My Son did computer work. Perhaps he can provide CF card with software loaded for you. Send me PM if interested.

Apr 14, 2010
Jeanneau 42DS Larnaca Marina
You need a CF adapter. CF cards are actually common in higher end video equipment, and a camera supplier would be a good place to look.
By CF adapter do you mean a CF card reader that can connect to USB? They also make a CF housing that you can stick an SD card in it. Do you know if that will work. I know that there are size limitations but don't know what they are. Thanks, Lee

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
CF to USB. The thing looks like a little box with a CF slot in it, and a short USB cable.
Here's what mine looks like, your experience will probably be different but the end result will be the same.

IMG_1287.JPG

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
By CF adapter do you mean a CF card reader that can connect to USB? They also make a CF housing that you can stick an SD card in it. Do you know if that will work. I know that there are size limitations but don't know what they are. Thanks, Lee

I bought the Navionics update card. They sent a USB adapter that you plug the CF card into. New card was 2mb. old one was 680.