Ray Greene Rascal help needed

joeys

Aug 17, 2020
ray greene rascal lake lanier
My wife and I recently purchased an old Ray Green Rascal sailboat and have been fixing it up as needed. We are stuck trying to figure out how the centerboard should be mounted to the line that raised and lowers it. Does anyone had a picture of how it was originally connected?

There is a metal piece that fits around the hole in the centerboard but there isn’t enough room on either side to actually put a bolt and but through there.

Mar 9, 2021
Ray Greene Rascal Wabasis
I have a Ray Greene Rascal as well. The item that attaches to the centerboard consists of two small stainless steel straps that are riveted (somewhat loosely) to the centerboard. The flat-headed rivets allow this strap system to fit into the centerboard slot. The middle rivet also incorporates a small pulley-wheel to allow the line to pass through). See attached photo's. You will see the nylon pulley in one of the photo's.

I've got lots of photo's of various details on this boat and am glad to offer up any info you might need. Once you get this on the water; stop by and say hi to my brother, who also lives on Lake Lanier (haha).

Attachments