Ranger 32 restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2009
2 J24 Elephant Butte NM
I have completed the work on a Ranger 32, hull number 59. There is almost nothing which I have not replaced. She sails like a dream and this spring will be our 5th trip up the inside passage. We plan on making Skagway this year. Her name is Shonto and like I mentioned, almost everything has been replaced, so if anyone wants a tip on re-doing something on the Ranger 32, ask.

Attachments

Sep 21, 2007
- - Newport OR
Standing rigging.

I am replacing my standing rigging. What size did you use. What type of turnbuckles, swaged or un.

Thanks for your info.

Apr 8, 2009
2 J24 Elephant Butte NM
Re: Standing rigging.

I used 5/16 with closed barrel turnbuckles, both ends roll-pressed on. When they came back, they were about 1/4" long, so I set a 1/2" plate under the mast at the mast step to compensate.

T

tbailey4

Ranger 32

Have you replaced the mast step. If so did you use mild steel again? how did you cut and patch the inside fiberglass? Have you rebedded the keel and did you have a big hole in the bilge sump. We lived on our 32 in juneau for a couple years.

S

Simon123

Remounting Stanchions

I have completed the work on a Ranger 32, hull number 59. There is almost nothing which I have not replaced. She sails like a dream and this spring will be our 5th trip up the inside passage. We plan on making Skagway this year. Her name is Shonto and like I mentioned, almost everything has been replaced, so if anyone wants a tip on re-doing something on the Ranger 32, ask.
My Ranger 30 is in Deep Bay, Vancouver Island & I will be up there from early May (Denman Island) if you care to drop by on your way North sometime.

My stanchions need remounting, suspect the core in the deck is rotted. Tips?

Sep 21, 2007
- - Newport OR
How about information on replacing the toe rail. I have developed a leak at the deck/hull seam so Im thinking this is a good time to replace the teak rail with an alum one and reseal the seam.

J

J24kachina@comcast.net

Ranger 32 fix-up

How about information on replacing the toe rail. I have developed a leak at the deck/hull seam so Im thinking this is a good time to replace the teak rail with an alum one and reseal the seam.
The 32 which we have is hull # 59. Someone told me only 60 were made, so in that thinking, ours was near the last to be made. This may be the reason the toe-rail is aluminum all the way, fore to aft. This is one part which I did nothing with.
We do have a teak hand rail on each side of the cabin hatch cover. I have taken it off and replaced it with a new one and re-sealed with lifecaulk.

J

j24kachina@comcast.net

Ranger 32 fixes

The 32 which we have is hull # 59. Someone told me only 60 were made, so in that thinking, ours was near the last to be made. This may be the reason the toe-rail is aluminum all the way, fore to aft. This is one part which I did nothing with.
We do have a teak hand rail on each side of the cabin hatch cover. I have taken it off and replaced it with a new one and re-sealed with lifecaulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.