Ranger 30 Headliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp6538

Jun 28, 2006
- - chicago
I have recently purchased a 1978 Ranger 30. I am looking for information about the headliner. I would like to take it down to tighten and clean every thing above it. Can I do this or will I need to replace it?? Am a little new at this whole sailing thing, so far so good but it is hard to find information on a Ranger 30. Thank you.

B

Barnacle Bill

Congrats on your Ranger 30

I also have a Ranger 30 and it is a great boat. Much different than other Rangers (different designer). If you would like a copy of the original brochure, just let me know where to email it. The headliner was professionally replaced on my boat before I purchased it and it looks like new. However, I have messed with other headliners in other boats (including another Ranger 30). I am not sure exactly what you wish to do. But if it is in pretty good condition, but sagging some, be careful that you do not destroy it trying to fix it. I can take a closer look at what I have and maybe can add some thoughts on how to deal with it. I'd be happy to share my R 30 experiences with you, if you'd like.

Heffy

Jun 29, 2006
Ranger 30 San Diego
Ranger 30 Brochure

Barnacle Bill I too have an R30 and would really like to get a copy of the brochure you offered. Very kind of you to pass on this type of info. to fellow owners! herriman@san.rr.com Jeff

Heffy

Jun 29, 2006
Ranger 30 San Diego
Ranger 30 Headliner

I have replaced my headliner as I needed to access nuts on thru bolts for hand rails. The liner is mounted by a "track" system familiar to most automotive upholsters. Need special tool and skill to properly re install the liner into the tracks. I have just replaced the Balsa core in the cabin top. The mid hatch was not sealed by the factory and water/rot removed 80% of the balsa core. Easy fix but messy and time consuming. The new liner material will be vinyl secured by velcro on battons (where track used to be)I have a professional making pannels which will be covered by the vinyl and secured to the battons with velcro. I went with this semi-perminant option so if I need to access the cabin top I can do it without damaging or reinstalling the vinyl. The seams are covered by wood strakes which are quite attractive and boatlike vs the auto interior look. Also big note. I found by trial and big errors that the interior wood is was Tung Oil. This is great stuff but is not compatible with other finishes!

jp6538

Jun 28, 2006
- - chicago
Looking for headliner help

Thanks for the information. If you could email a copy of the of the brocure it would really be helpful. As I mentioned before I am am new at all of this, so I am looking for as much help and information as I can get. Any would be greatly appreciated. My email is jp67047@aol.com. I hope I have not broken too many rules by giving my email but I would like the assistance. Thank you, jp

B

Barnacle Bill

Brochure

Sorry, it has been a while since I have been on. I will send out brochures tomorrow (I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.