Ranger 29 owners guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2010
Ranger 29 Stockton, CA
Hello all,
I have just purchased my first sail boat, a 1973 Ranger 29. Is their anyone out there with a copy of an owners guide that I could make a copy of? I am also interested in finding other Ranger owners in the San Francisco Bay Area that would like to form a group to share information.

Oct 14, 2009
Ranger 29 Sandiego
I am in the same boat... :)

I also just purchased a 73 Ranger 29. I upgraded from the venerable Catalina 27. My Ranger was abandoned and I purchased it from a marina. So far it has been a path of discovery with zero documentation.
I am in the Sandiego area and would love to grow in knowledge.
On my list:
Rigging- New halyards and just about everything which connects to the mast.
WOOD- I am going to replace all the wood to include the pulpit.
Engine- The engine which is shoe-horned into the boat is an RC9D-or 11D. It is a once cylinder diesel built by Renault. I hope to move into an engine which is a little more common.

All the best,
Ken.
flsflyer at g mail .

Hello all,
I have just purchased my first sail boat, a 1973 Ranger 29. Is their anyone out there with a copy of an owners guide that I could make a copy of? I am also interested in finding other Ranger owners in the San Francisco Bay Area that would like to form a group to share information.

smack

May 4, 2010
Ranger R28 Lake Travis
Re: I am in the same boat... :)

I have a Ranger 28 owners manual. I will be getting home this Fri. and will try to scan it on this forum, or give me a private message and I will send it to you. I have some videos on you tube on my R28. Just open you tube and type in rf4pilot. There should be 12 videos.

Oct 14, 2009
Ranger 29 Sandiego
Hi,
Thanks for posting and sharing...
As the world turns, I was at kadena 84-87 working in the 44th on F15s.
I remember the f4s .. my JROTC commander Col Jaquish was an F4 Jock.
Check Six,
ken

Apr 29, 2011
Ray 1973 Ranger 29 Lake Tahoe, CA
flycalvary:
I purchased a 73 Ranger 29 last year, and it's also a journey of discovery. Getting her ready to put her in the water at Lake Tahoe, CA it going to be a challenge because I don't have a lot of documentation and schematics as to how the it was originally set up. Did you ever find a copy of an owners manual for the 73 Ranger 29? I would be interested in a copy of it if you got one. I sail at Lake Tahoe, CA and live in Reno, NV.
Frank

Sep 5, 2011
Ranger Yachts 29 sloop Anacortes
Ranger 29 Manual - I can send one

flycavalry,
Please advise if you still need a Ranger 29 Manual.
I have one in PDF format but it is a little too big to send through the forum email.
If you do, I guess one of us will have to be brave and provide an off forum email.

Hello all,

Status
Not open for further replies.