Ranger 29 information wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2007
- - Port Moody
My husband and I just bought a 1973 Ranger 29. I've been searching the net trying to find out more about Rangers and have not found much. Does anyone know of a website that has a boat manual on it? (We were able to find this for our last boat - a Columbia.) I'm also curious to know how many Ranger 29's were built and how many are still around? Is there a Ranger sailboat owners' association? Any info is welcome! I'd love to hear what people like about their Rangers or what they have upgraded, etc. Thanks, Lori

J

jp

Ranger Information

Sometimes Ranger information is very hard to find. I was told the company that built the Rangers has donated their old archives to Mystic Marine. I have not tried to get anything from them. Sometimes people on this site are helpful, sometimes some of this old info or help is just not aound. I have a '78 Ranger 30 and I am trying to get as much old info as I can, most of the time with no luck. Good Luck.

D

Dave

Ranger 29 Info

Google search on the designer, Gary Mull. There are several long articles that include some Ranger 29 information. They are very fast boats and very confortable to sail. The Ranger 26 came first, then the 29, then the 33. They are all very similar in appearance and very fast racer/cruisers. Ranger was Bangor-Punta's "racing yacht" line, Cal was their cruising line and O'Day was their "economy" line. Thee are a lot of Rangers in the Seattle area and they are long lived boats with no particular problems. Their PHRF rating is very well established.

P

Pinga

Ranger 29 manual

Did you still want a copy of a manual? My '73 Ranger 29 has manual and blueprint still with it.

D

darcy

there great boats

I boght a ranger 23 this summer and love it. I was a hight end boat in the 70s and these boats were made to race so the rigg can handle big wind. enjoy

K

Kurt Kingston

Ranger 29 Manual and info

Pinga, I just found this site and your post where you mentioned you had a Ranger 29 manual and plan available for copying. If possible, I would really appreciate a chance to obtain a copy. I am in Anacortes and could drive to you to pick it up and would reimburse you for your trouble. My cell ph: 360-420-1463 Email: kknk@verizon.net We recently purchased a 1974 Ranger 29 (Rodeo)and we are trying to assemble some literature and data. Thanks, Kurt Kingston

F

Fabrizio

Ranger 29

I wrhite from italy and i have one wonderful Ranger 29 If possible, I would really appreciate a chance to obtain a copy. I am in Italy and i would reimburse you for your trouble. My cell ph: 39 335 356532175 Email: safety56@tiscali.it

P

Pinga

Pinga's manual available to copy....

I did not get the reply posts emailed to me as I expected, so did not know until looking now that there was any interest in the manual. Sorry! Yes, you can arrange to do this. How to proceed?....

Status
Not open for further replies.