ranger 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2009
columbia ..... ranger sloops bodkin creek
I am looking at what I believe is a Ranger 26. Can anyone tell me where hull info is located? Hull has fresh paint and nothing found embossed in the transom. Have researched and closest match seems to be the Ranger 26.(1975....76??) What are the sail dimensions of the tall rigg!

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2009
jgurley
Thxs for the response. The boat was abandoned at a local marina and I'd like to breathe some new life into it.
rebob

Dec 10, 2009
Ranger R26 231 Baltimore
I am looking at what I believe is a Ranger 26. Can anyone tell me where hull info is located? Hull has fresh paint and nothing found embossed in the transom. Have researched and closest match seems to be the Ranger 26.(1975....76??) What are the sail dimensions of the tall rigg!
Hi rebob202
I,m jest up the road from you on nabbs creek.
If you need to take a look I have a ranger 26 to see what you need to do you are welcome to look.
As for the hull numbers their we"er no number be for 1975 or 73 .
If their is it will be on the transom on the starboard side

Dec 8, 2009
Ernie27
Sounds like a plan. Cabin on this boat is pretty much stripped. Has bulkheads but looks as if anything that could be stripped out was. Exterior looks as if it had good paint job recently but bottom says it hasn't been out of the water in at least a few years. One chock at transom was nearly ripped out .... hanging on by stretched bolts. I'd like to get some idea what it's supposed to look like inside so maybe we can get together. R U on the hard or still in the water? Ernie, I'm not really even sure if it IS a Ranger 26 so seeing yours should clear that up. Marina had no information on the boat at all ...... just no slip fee for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2009
Ranger R26 231 Baltimore
Ernie27
Sounds like a plan. Cabin on this boat is pretty much stripped. Has bulkheads but looks as if anything that could be stripped out was. Exterior looks as if it had good paint job recently but bottom says it hasn't been out of the water in at least a few years. One chock at transom was nearly ripped out .... hanging on by stretched bolts. I'd like to get some idea what it's supposed to look like inside so maybe we can get together. R U on the hard or still in the water? Ernie, I'm not really even sure if it IS a Ranger 26 so seeing yours should clear that up. Marina had no information on the boat at all ...... just no slip fee for a couple of years.
Yes we can do that and she in the walter year round.
sent you a massage you should received it

Oct 7, 2008
Ranger 26 Mandeville, LA
man you really want to spend some money in order to sail. if it is a 26 footer then you also have not told us what else is on the sloop. i restored the whole interior of mine and much on deck. send us some pics to help you..

Dec 8, 2009
rmouton ..... the boat was abandoned at a local marina. It had the registration numbers removed and there is no info on file at the marina office about the owner. Marina owner is in his 80's and didn't do alot of file keeping. Marina filed with state for abandoned status on SEVERAL boats. I am pretty sure sails, cushions, sail hardware, etc. are either in the owners basement, shed, or have been tossed. Boat was not attended to for at least 3 years. I needed another boat like I needed a hole in the head!! (Columbia 34 ... Bertram 26SF) Researched boat and found it is a very competitive club racer for an older boat. I am an above average woodworker, had a job building powerboats in my youth and am now retired from the newspaper business. Paid to pull the boat, fared the bottom and keel, bottom paint, general cleaning, and splashed. Will be moving it from the marina to my pier. So far I have about 500 bucks in the boat and will probably throw another 500-1000 bucks at it. Play awhile, win a few weds. night races and then peddle the boat to the guy with the slowest boat in the fleet!

Status
Not open for further replies.