Ranger 23 V-Berth Privacy Door

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard

I recently purchased a 1976 Ranger 23 and need a V-Berth Privacy Door. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? Or if I need to build one...is it a single door or a bi-fold door? This is my first boat and know very little about it or sailing..but eager to learn. Thank you, Richard

M

Mark Mayer

V-berth door

Why not save the time and money and get out sailing by putting up a nice curtain? Put it on a rod like a bathroom curtain but make it out of nice material.

Apr 29, 2006
- - Alameda, CA
Curtain

Good idea........thank you. Also, most likely it would take up less space. Thanks again. Since I have your ear, if you don't mind,....do you know where the cockpit water goes once it enters the two corner cockpit holes? Where does it exit the boat? I assume it does. Also, do you think a 4hp outboard is large enough to push the boat? (I do not know if you can respond to my response to you.) Thank you..........Richard

J

John

Ranger 23 Privacy Door

The 1976 R23's no longer had the door and used a curtain instead. The earlier boats with the doors used bifold doors. The common problem with them was that as the backstay is tightened, the mast support beam over the doorspace sags slightly and jams the door. Use a curtain!

L

Leo

horsepower

4 horsepower is enough for the ranger unless you want to use it for cruising around a lot. Also 4 hp is nice because it's quieter than others, and i'd reccomend a 4-stroke. Finding a place for the fuel tank that doesn't block the drainage holes is realy hard though, I'm still working on thay myself.

S

stephen Spoja

Privacy Door

Rather than add the weight and expense of a wooden door, consider a canvas flap or curtain. The other people in the boat are going to hear every body sound you make up there anyway, so modesty goes south in a small boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.