Ramp in Oxford or St Michaels

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sean Coerse

I own a 98 H240. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good boat ramp in the Oxford or St Michaels MD area. I would like to launch and leave my truck in trailer there for 3 days while I sail.

J

John Dawson

Maryland ramps

There is an excellent 'roadmap' put out by the State of Maryland Department of Natural Resouces called "A Fisherman's Guide to Maryland Piers & Boat Ramps" for the entire state. All 251 of them numbered on a chart, with facilities and individual thumbnail maps to show you which local street they are on. Some are in disrepair, but for trailer sailors its invaluable. St Michaels has a nice little ramp next to the big harbor hotel on the point. From entering town on Rt 33, turn right on E Chew Ave and then left on W.Harbor Rd. I think there is parking in front of the docks along that bank. There are more ramps further down the neck, although more isolated. Oxford lists one around Tilghman St, although I haven't used it myself. Check out the Robert Morris Inn if its still there for a meal. Otherwise there are many all over this area, a lot of which are more isolated ones used by locals. Annapolis is an easy day's sail (one way)with a decent breeze, as is the West River. Warning: St.M is in Talbot County, which requires a pass for its county ramps. (Not sure if the town ramp applies.) One day pass is $5, annual is $10, out-of-state is $35 annual. Call 410-822-2955 for details.

S

Sean Coerse

Thanks

Thanks John. I trailered last week to Solomons and was going to take my H240 over along with my fathers Sabre 34. The wheather stunk so we decided to spend 3 days exploring Solomons. Next time I think I might just trailer straight there to give myself a longer time to kick around. We keep the boat in the water at Little Creek in Norfolk but we like to take advantage of the trailering a couple of times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.