Raising the Mast on a Grampian 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick

Hi All, I bought a 1974 Grampian 23 a couple of months ago (price was right $650.00 for boat and a tandam axle trailer). It came with no mast or boom but I bought a 25' mast and an 8' boom from a local parts house. I want to fit the mas to the boat temporairly but want to know if there is an easy way to step the mast on my boat. thanks in advance as all information is appreciated, thanks, Skipper Rick

K

Ken Corbett

Stepping Mast

Hi, If you go to www.grampianowners.com and select the G26 FAQ you will find an item on stepping the mast without a crane. Ken

S

Skipper Rick

Rasing the mast on a Grampian 23'

Thanks for the info Ken. Have one more question for all you Grampian owners out there. I need to procure all the rigging cables for my mast. Can anyone provide all the different cable lengths my poor boat requires? A listing of the length and the location on the boat would be really helpful to me. I am in the process of restoring my boat. I have an aluminum 25' mast and the spreaders. If anyone can assist with this information would be forever grateful. thanks, Skipper Rick

jimq26

Jun 5, 2004
- - -
Your mast doesn't match your boat.

Get a grip matey. You have already said that you picked up a mast and boom that had nothing whatsoever to do with your boat. Now you want us to tell you what your rigging lengths should be? If they had been matched to a G-23 then there are lots of websites (including this one - chandlery) where you can go for assistance. Ye Gads!!!

S

Skipper Rick

Rigging dimensions for my Grampian

Ok, ok, I admit it, I am a tadpole when it comes to sailing and need the help. I have a 25' mast and 9' boom. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Is the 25' mast too short, too long or should I just give up and get rid of the boat. Would love to get this boat fixed up and back in the water and sailing though! If the recommendation from you old swabbies is to keep it, what should I do to get rigging dimensions for this boat so I can get the mast stood up and begin the process of looking for sails that will fit it. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Wanna be Skipper Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.