Radio 7 CD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Bauer

Just bought a '96 280 that needs "music". I wanted something with power, but not too much of a battery killer.... anyone have any suggestions about a unit, changer, interior, or exterior speaker? Also, I am planing to convert the v-berth into a teak shelf and storageare and would like to mount the equipment there so that I could be in direct line for a remote control unit. Has anyone done this? Where else might you mountt he system.

H

Harvey Small

Portable Options

If you really want to avoid taxing your boat battery, you could consider the portable option. A boom-box can run off it's own batteries or use shore power. For CDs you'll want one of the small portables with the 10 to 40 second skip protection -- just make sure you can plug it into the boom box or you have some computer style portable speakers.

A

Anthony Bavuso

Watchout for Compass

Wherever you decide to put your speakers and stereo make sure that you have enough distance between them and the compass so as not to magnetically interface. I just bought my boat and there is a 170 watt speaker mounted in the bulkhead 4 inches below the bulkhead mounted compass which always points due north. Don't make the same mistake. Most manufactures recommend at least 6 feet between the speaker and the compass. But if you have to be closer there are magnetically shielded speakers that I think can bring you within 4 feet. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.