radical production swan

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Looks like they all have to bunch in the aft corner of the cockpit to keep the bow from submarining. Might want more flare forward to avoid that problem.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
i would think they are aft cause the are planing like a motor boat does. in such mode weight aft give you the most speed. less wetted surface and all that

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
So in motor boats everyone huddles back around the stern whenever they get on a plane? I can see moving weight aft to lift the bow and get the boat moving, but for the crew to have to huddle that way on a boat as expensive as this one in conditions that aren’t overly boisterous (they’re not reefed) speaks to a design problem. Maybe they should rig racks off the transom to hike from? Could use them for dinghy davits when they’re not racing.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
To balance upwind and downwind performance, the CS has a rather fine entry. If you want a downwind only boat, you build a scow-bow. In the opening shot they are on a seriously tight spin reach are are WAY loaded up. That's where I'd have my crew weight in that situation.