Radar arch or dingy davits on S-2 cc

Jul 6, 2013
S-2 9.2 30' Superior,Wi
Looking into either arch or davit system for our cc. Davit would not leave much head room unless I special ordered much taller frame. And the price goes up dramatically. Wondering if a good radar arch with a sling for dingy would work as well? The davit/arch would also be base for 2- 140 w. solar panels. Price is somewhat comparable, just with the cc aspect of our boat,thought arch would allow more head room. Easy enough to rig up a sling for inflatable myself, but I was going to rig up a gambrel for davit, so same there. Anyone ever do or have seen arch done? Thanks,Bob

Jul 6, 2013
S-2 9.2 30' Superior,Wi
On the what brand of dingy, am sure I bought not the best, but brand is seabo. Know very little about them, just that sold at sam's club. Got it off Craig's list for $300. Hope it works. I really appreciate the info on davit,slings. Was thinking toward same thing with sling system. We are putting 2-140 watt solar panels on, was concerned about low to deck; ie: bumping my head continually. Sling really to my liking, cheap works well. Also I can build a "arch" for panels as well as place to place a couple "work lights" for stern. Thank you Bob for the info. As always, it is appreciated. Bob

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Dinghy is spelled dinghy, not dingy. Dingy is a word to describe a condition, like a dark and dingy day. Just sayin'

Jul 6, 2013
S-2 9.2 30' Superior,Wi
Sailcruiser; thank you for that. I have looked at Kato, they work with Kyocera solar, which I think we will go with. I called guys at Kato, very helpful, recommended style, but as you say, not cheapest. Service mgr. at Barkers Island Marina, where I am based for now, also recommend them. Some places you can cut corners, some better not to, I guess. I like to sling style, I think very functional and cost is something to look very hard at, but where to put the 2 panels? We want the rigid panels so guess just bite the bullet and order the davit system. Thank you. Bob

Jul 6, 2013
S-2 9.2 30' Superior,Wi
Just a up-date on outfitting. I went ahead with the Atlantic Tower " arch in a box" style. Tall enough to get on-board from stern w/o completely caving the skull. Price was reasonable. Also will work great for solar panels and antenna mounting. Davit system also included. Best all around application I hope. Picking it up at Minneapolis boat show in 2 weeks,looking forward to getting it. Loser to spring.