Quietest water pump?

Mr Fox

Aug 31, 2017
Marshall 22 Portland, ME
I have one sink- so I do not need much flow at all, the current pump (jabsco I believe but I'm not looking at it) sounds like a mini jackhammer.

I know I can mount the pump on rubber tubing to isolate it somewhat from the bulkhead its mounted on, but if Im taking the old one out (which seems to be nearing the end of its life), maybe I'll replace it if anyone has. recommendation for a super quiet one?

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I replaced my Jabsco that died with a SHURFLO Aqua King II Automatic Fresh Water Pump, 3 GPM, 12V. I think it is a lot quieter than my old Jabsco.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I think you are talking about the single diaphragm pumps that sound like a machine gun.. obnoxious!
The newer multi diaphragm ones are very much quieter and deliver a smoother flow.. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085TPM3Z...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Don't gorilla tighten down on the rubber feet too much and you'll be amazed at how much quieter it can be.. You'll still hear it run, but that is a good thing in the event you have water leaks.. Shop around some.. not saying to buy one at Amazon.. Good Luck

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
The Aqua King Shurflo pump I mentioned above is a four-chamber pump. Much quieter than the Jabsco three-chamber pump that I had previously.

Mr Fox

Aug 31, 2017
Marshall 22 Portland, ME
I think you are talking about the single diaphragm pumps that sound like a machine gun.. obnoxious!
You hit the nail on the head. Went and listened to a friends 4 chamber pump, its night and day. Also P/O installed the pump in the cabinet under the sink, no rubber feet, screwed direct to the cabinet wood. Takes up valuable space (wires and plumbing run right through where you want to put things). Silly.

Going to get a new pump with rubber feet and locate it next to the water tank under the port locker in cockpit.

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
New Shurflos are also a lot quieter than old ones, but using the rubber feet and not scrrewing them down too far will also help whatever pump you buy.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I went to a Johnson Pump. Significantly quieter than my jabsco.plis it has nice quick-fit fittings.