Question for Canadians

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
Down here in the States, I hear of laws in Canada that make it a crime to utter racial slurs and other type of so called hate speech. I would like to hear from some Canadians on this.

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
Perhaps you are riught. Last time I was here, it was witht he old site. I guess things have changed.

G

Hi Higgs, I think you're in the right place and an appropriate question, which is not political nor religious. The above rules say so, IMHO.

The admiral and I have spent lots of time cruising in BC waters over the years and have yet to experience what you refer. Although, I seem to recall reading about it. Perhaps some canucks (oops, sorry) might weigh in.

Terry Cox

Jan 22, 2008
Oday Mariner Quadra Island BC
Yes there are rules and laws in Canada protecting individuals from these types of attacks. But unless there is violence or sedition involved it is hard to prosecute anyone. Drawing lines between name calling and racism can be a grey area sometimes. There will always be people who feel superior and/or more powerful than others, who will promote their egos at the expense of other peoples feelings or life styles. There is a simple word for them, BULLIES!