purchase of 473

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter

I am considering purchasing a new 473-I have never purchased a new boat and I am curious as to the parameters of such negotiations. In short, is there anyone who can give me some sense as to the differential between the asking prices and the purchase price? Thanks

D

Dave Brengelmann

473 for $250,000

If you take a look at the 473 being sold in Seattle at Greathouse Yachts, you'll get a good idea of about the best deal you can get for a 473. I'd bet that you're not going to get your FL dealer anywhere close to the $250,000 give-away price. If you do, you've got a great deal. If you're purchasing a boat without the broker purchasing your trade-in, you should be able to knock as much as $5,000 to $10,000 off a boat show special price. In this market, folks willing to step up to purchase large saleboats are somewhat rare.

P

peter

dave would like to ask more of you

Dave-I have a clearer idea of what equipment I want and in looking at the ads for used 473, it seems the value stays within 25k. So, I would like to know, when you say 5-10k off, is that regardless of the "extras", such as a/c, bow thruster, larger engine, electric winches? Thank you for responding previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.