Pulling The Mast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glenn Karel

I'm getting ready to do a major refit to the mast: wiring, antenna, lights, etc. Can anyone tell me how the wire connection is made under the mast. From what I can see, it appears that the wires run all the way back to the pannel. Is that the way it is?

M

Mike

mess

Glenn mine had the plugins for everything and when you pull it up you will should have some slack to work with. I had a hard time getting everything back were it would not rub the halyards.

T

Tom M.

There may be variations

Considering the 10 years that the Chreubini, hunters been produced, there may be variations in the connections, I have a 1982/83 and I have plug in's also. I also have a PVC tube that runs the full length of the mast on a fwd inside track where the wires are housed, to keep them from slamming the inside of the mast, and internal halyards.

T

Tony

Hunter 27 mast

Glennn, I recently pulled the mast on my '81 Hunter 27 because the anchor light would not work. The wires were spliced together with a little slack to work with at the mast step. There was a PVC tube to the under side of the port locker in the main galley. I had to pull new wires from the mast step to the panel because there were badly corroded at the mast step. The wires going up the mast were in good shape. Tony

T

Tom M.

Droping the mast while in the water

If the boats on either side of you in the marina, are 25ft or better, get the owners permission to use their main sheet halyards, make a harness around the spreaders, attach the two halyards, and with a couple of friends, one on ea. halyard, apply tension, loosen the turnbuckles and lift and drop the mast, it go's up the same way. good luck

D

Dan Bryant

response to dropping the mast while in the water

If you try the suggested mast lifting rig using the halyards of neighboring sailboats, I hope you are in a no-wake zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.