Pulling the boat woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rhays42355@aol.com

Just bought a 89 C-25 wing keel boat. Fantastic, well preserved, remember this for later. After it was out of the water, blisters started popping about 6" below the water line about every foot or so. Quarter size buggers they are, or were. Ground them out, and repainted the bottom. Climbed a ladder to get inside, and stink city. The holding tank had literally crapped out. Everything ended up in the bilge. It hasn't even frozen here yet and all this problem. It seems that the previous owner had perfect timing. Anyway, love the boat & can hardly wait for next spring to get here and enjoy the fruits of my labors

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

UGH!

I'm so sorry for your troubles! I guess the "bright" side is that at least you'll know everything you fix now will be done right & won't have to worry about in the future. Good luck! LaDonna

G

Gary Norgan

Blisters, too, on my 89 C25

I've owned our 89 C25 wing #5944 since a year ago September. Last November I had the bottom painted and found 6 quarter-sized blisters. I am planning to have it hauled next week so I can fit it to a new trailer so I can get it out of the salt water and to some fresh water once in awhile. I, too, had to do lots of cleanup work but it all was well worth it. I spend most of my time this lately just sailing....and then the usual cleaning and polishing and some painting now and again. The wing sails so much smoother and more solid than the previous C22 I had. I had to do some marine head repairs; all gaskets etc., but now that is done with and it works fine. Hope the rest is just memories of time well spent on your boat and great sailing. If you wish to email me about the C25 performance (as I don't get to this site often), email gnorgan@koan.com Gary Norgan Classical Cat (in California)

Status
Not open for further replies.