Puffer rigging

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2009
2 Puffer Wake Forest NC
My dad just gave me his old AMF Puffer sailboat. It has been 20 years since I used the boat and I can't remember how to rig it. Does anyone have the instructions or know where I can find some on-line?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I tried googling your boat, but didn't find too much. There is a Yahoo user group for the Puffer, but I didn't follow it.. cause I don't like Yahoo..

If you don't get any action here, I suggest you follow up on some want ads and ask the sellers what they know. If you could find some local puffer owners that would help, but you're probably already tried that....

Finally, the company that used to make these boats is still making Sunfish. Perhaps they could direct you to a source of rigging info. Google "Sunfish Sailboats"

Aug 2, 2009
2 Puffer Bucks County
Rigging a Puffer

I tried joining the yahoo puffer group and it kicked back so I guess they dont exist anymore. Rigging a puffer isnt that hard, I would suggest setting the boat up in your yard first on the trailer and with some help from some friends it should be quite easy. Just remember to keep the jib sheets out side of the mast port and starboard mast stays. If you wish I could send you pictures the next time I set my boat up. Right now my daughter and I are working on her as we found some things that the previous owner had done to her that have caused some hull leaks.
Harry hparker3@hotmail.com
My dad just gave me his old AMF Puffer sailboat. It has been 20 years since I used the boat and I can't remember how to rig it. Does anyone have the instructions or know where I can find some on-line?

Status
Not open for further replies.