PSS stuffing box

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnnie Poole

I am considering the PYI Packless Shaft System for my '84 H31. Has anyone else done one? What are the right dimensions for the stem tube? Any problems doing the installation? Thanks, Johnnie Poole S/V Jazz

R

Ron Hughes

Dripless? YES!

Johnny, I added a PYI dripless shaft seal to my 40.5 when she was last out of the water in April. I haven't had a drop enter the bilge from there since. It works perfectly. All of the guys who own marinas and dealers do it. Why don't we? Conclusion: Buy One! Ron S/Y Best Revenge P.S. The guys at Hunter or PYI will be happy to help you get the right one.

B

Bob Knott

Go for it! PSS Dripless

I put a PSS Dripless stuffing box on my Hunter 380 and after 1 full season I can tell you without hestitation it was a GREAT investment. I will never own another sailboat with a stuffing box, it's that good. It's cheap, it works and it keeps your bilge dry, how can you beat it? Best of luck Bob Knott S/V Serenity H380

D

David McKie

No Water

I installed brand X with little success. I then switched to the PYI. Not a drop all season.

C

Craig

PYI Website?

Can I have this done to my 1987 34ft hunter? Dont see why knot and what is the offical name of this company and do they have a website? Thanks

R

Ron Hughes

PYI BOOYAH!(That's a youth oriented Oh, Yeah!)

My wife suggests that you just set up direct deposit.........Ron

G

Gerald Davies

PSS Dripless

I have a PSS dripless on my 1988 H30 - Works great no leaks no water in bilge. Inexpensive and easy to install - GO FOR IT !!!!!! good sailing gd

J

Johnnie Poole

Installation instructions

Paul, the instructions are available online at pyiinc.com. I wish all the manufacturers were as good about detailed instructions before purchase!

S

Sam Lust

No drips

The PSS Driples seal is a great idea and a worthwhile addition. The instructions that came with mine were more than adequate. My only warning is: pay attention to the bolts holding the stern tube into the boat. Mine were quite long and were actualy rubbing on the PSS bellows when I first slid it in place. An hour or so of running and they would have chafed through. Cut them off and the problem is solved.

J

Johnnie Poole

Thanks a lot,Sam!

Thanks, Sam. I'll be doing the installation tomorrow. The bolts on mine are also too long. I'll cut them short and put an anti-chafe material around the stubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.