Prostate Cancer

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Mike Milken, Founder and Chairman of the Prostate Cancer Foundation, is joined by Colin Powell, Joe Torre, John McEnroe and Dr. Christopher Rose on a Larry King Live special focusing on prostate cancer. Watch it tonight at 6:00pm PACIFIC and 9:00pm EASTERN on CNN.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
FYI My dad had his prostate removed 17 yrs ago. It returned 2 yrs ago as a quarter size tumor and a PSA OF 14. He was treated with radiation and it was irradicated completely. 2 yrs later his PSA is 0.004. He had no lasting side affects. Those radiation guns are really accurate. Generally I've inherited my mother's physiology, but I'm pretty sure I got my prostate from my dad.
He still laughs when I call him on the phone and ask, ''What's up?'
Thanks McKee for the heads up. ;)

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Prostate cancer gene

There are a couple interesting things I've learned in the past year:

1. Prostate cancer gene: There is a genetic test for the prostate cancer gene - I don't know the name of it but apparently those that don't have this particular gene have a lesser chance of getting prostate cancer.

Also, I wonder if exposure to certain chemicals over the years would have an affect of the probability of getting prostate cancer. It used to be that lead, mercury, DDT, radiation for X-rays, and who knows what else, was widely used. The radiation exposure levels for X-rays of teeth, etc., have been greatly reduced but there was a time when people were given large doses and nothing was thought about it.

2. Antioxidants have been found to be good at combating cancer. Pomegranate juice has really high levels of good antioxidants. Also red wine. The downside is it can sap calcium from your teeth. So have some cheese with it.