prospective 26m owner

Mar 22, 2011
Macgregor 19 Long Beach
I am looking to get buy a 26M and was wondering if I could meet with any current owners who are in the Southern California area. I currently have a Bayliner 246 berthed in the San Pedro area. We could meet for lunch - i'll buy.

Dec 8, 2007
-mac 26M -26M tucson-san carlos mx
Look on the other mac owners board for usernames mastreb or boatm they both live in SD and have boats there and love to show them off.

Jul 31, 2014
MacGregor 26M Lyttleton Christchurch
Welcome to New Zealand

I have a 2010 26M in Christchurch New Zealand; you are welcome to come down here for a sail on Lyttleton Harbour or some of our many alpine lakes. I have sailed my 26M in Canada on Lake Huron and on the St. Lawrence River before bringing it to NZ. It's not a boat for everyone but it suits some situations well. I have some strong opinions on the 26M, some good and some bad but that comes from reading (learning) a lot, experiencing for myself, and making pragmatic decision based on engineering knowhow and personal preferences. Have a look at http://sailsandtrails.no-ip.org
Happy boat hunting.

Jul 31, 2014
MacGregor 26M Lyttleton Christchurch
Cheers Doc holiday. One thing of which I am sure is that I would not try to sail a 26M from New Zealand to anywhere else. Life is short, why shorten it?
Now here was a learning opportunity: With a friend's help, I packed the boat onto a pallet (using 4 fork-lifts) and pushed it into a sea-container; there was a centimeter (7/16 inch) to spare. Unloading the sea-container in NZ at the customs yard, re-loading into a domestic container, unloading again on the grass in my backyard, and getting the trailer axle back under the boat are not for the faint-hearted.

Nov 19, 2011
MacGregor 26S Hampton, VA
That's too much like work! I'm just stupid enough to have said "to heck with it, I'm going to sail it and if I die trying at least I died doing what I like to do and would not have risked getting my finger slammed between the boat and the container. Really, I wondered how you did it.

Is yours the only Mac around?