PROSine Inverter -- no shore power

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Marohn

Howdy all!<P> The other day we suddenly lost shore power while we were moored at a marina. I'm suspecting what happened is that we blew a fuse or threw the breaker as we had quite a number of things drawing AC when it happened.<P> We checked the breaker switch where the shore power was plugged into, it was on. Still no AC.<P> As it is, I'm guessing that there is a fuse and/or reset button and/or breaker switch 'inside' the power inverter on the boat. But I'm a bit nervous going through the process of un-mounting the power inverter and cracking it open. I am not and electrician afterall.<P> The power inverter is a PROSine 1000. Has anybody else worked on one of these things? Any other suggestions/recommendations?<P> Any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks!<P> Perelandra - V32 James Marohn

J

James Marohn

Problem solved!!

Got a volt meter and followed the power path from the shore power box, through the cord, into the panel, etc... Found that the problem wasn't with the power inverter, but a burned out inline fuse located right behind the distribution panel. Put in a new fuse, problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.