Propane Tanks - 2007, 41DS

Feb 9, 2021
Hunter 41DS Port Clinton
Has anyone been able to find new propane tanks for the Hunter 41DS? Not interested in a recert on the ones I currently have. Without going too far in to it, they are worthless and need to be replaced (bottoms are rusted out). So, need to find new ones. From what I can still read on the ones that I have, they have a tare weight of 11.3LB. I think the part number is WC-12.0 DT-3.1. Looks like they have a 1.5 Galllon capacity. Approximatly 9" wide and 11.75" tall.

Any help on finding any new tanks that are a direct replacement would be much appreciated. Thank you.

GIB!!!

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I have a different boat, but I purchased 2 of these on Amazon…

Flame King YSN5LB-GAUGE 5lb Steel Propane Tank Cylinder with Gauge and OPD Valves for Grills and BBQs, Camping, Fishing, & Outdoor Activities, White Amazon.com

They show 8.1” x 12.8” tall.

Greg

Feb 9, 2021
Hunter 41DS Port Clinton
Thanks Greg. I saw those. I'll have to verify the size for that one; as it is an inch taller. When we're up at the boat next weekend, I'll see what the clearance is. The diameter is fine though.

Apprecite your post.

GIB!!!

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Thanks Greg. I saw those. I'll have to verify the size for that one; as it is an inch taller. When we're up at the boat next weekend, I'll see what the clearance is. The diameter is fine though.

Apprecite your post.

GIB!!!
Mine have held up very well, but I am not in a salty environment.

Cheers,

Greg

Nov 28, 2016
Hunter 36 Northeast, MD
FWTW - I bought two of the Flame King tanks and they fit perfectly into my propane locker on a 2008 Hunter 36. Just a bit taller than the OEM tank, but locker closes without touching the tank handle rim.